Elite unable to address loco [GM DCC27 Decoder]

Guest Chrissaf

Hello

i have an Elite 1.44 firmware. No issues programming any locos fitted with hornby chips, ez 21 pin chip or Bachmann 8 pin chip. 

However it will not address a gaugemaster dcc27 Omni loco decoder (21 pin)

i have two decoders so I  know it’s not a faulty decoder. Weird thing is my select controller will programme it. Ie changed the address etc. 

ive Been using direct mode, checked the connections and as I say no issues with other locos 

I’m stumped 

any ideas. 

Using the Elite menus after you have selected the programming mode it will show address, spin the dial until you see CV, click that and enter 1 (to pick CV1) click again and enter the new address value. Click again to set that new address and then ESC out of it per normal procedure.

CV1 is where the short address is stored. If you want to use a long address, say the can number of your loco that is stored elsewhwere and we need to explain theat to you in more detail.

Using the Elite menus after you have selected the programming mode it will show address, spin the dial until you see CV, click that and enter 1 (to pick CV1) click again and enter the new address value. Click again to set that new address and then ESC out of it per normal procedure.

CV1 is where the short address is stored. If you want to use a long address, say the can number of your loco that is stored elsewhwere and we need to explain theat to you in more detail.

cheers

It just occurred to me that in the DCC29 thread I confirmed that GM DCC27 was amongst the decoders listed in RM force pull down list.

As RM works with Elite as well as  eLink it seems logical that Hornby has test proven this decoder variant with their kit.

Archived