br 10t vent van amd dcc

Arb264

Hi,

I have a new vent van ref r6888tts and a hornby ddc select. Could someone please help with the van/controller setup? 

I have tried to allocate the van a address eg 1,2 etc, the instruction manual says once done the red light flashes upto 7 times, if eight times reprogram again. mine always flashed 8 times.

There are 29 sounds from f0 to f29, how do i access these to change the sounds.

Regards

Roger

To get the maximum compatibility between the Vent Van or any TTS based sound decoder. You need your Select to be running with version 1.5 firmware.

When the Select first powers up watch the LCD screen. Three pairs of numbers will appear, initially XX followed by 30 followed by 03......where xx represents the firmware with a number between 11 and 15. 11 is firmware 1.1 and 15 is firmware 1.5.........what number is your XX characters on first power up.

The Vent Van uses all 29 functions between F0 and F28........firmware below version 1.5 can only operate 9 functions between F0 and F8

There have been loads of posts in the last 2 or 3 weeks regarding the inability of being able to change the address on the R6888TTS Vent Van. However, those reported issues have usually been linked to either using the Hornby Elite or eLink controllers.

The eight LED flashes is an indicator that the Select just cannot detect the presence of the TTS decoder in the Van. In other words, a poor connection between the output of the Select and the input of the decoder via the track and Van wheels.

You may just need to bed the pickups in on the back of the wheels and wear off the manufacturing protective film put on the wheels at the factory. It may not make any difference, but I suggest hauling your R6888TTS Vent Van behind a loco for 20 minutes in each direction to bed in the electrical pickups before trying the change the address or operate your R6888TTS again.

The R6888TTS will be factory configured with the DCC Address 3. After bedding in the pickups as described above. Use your Select to call up loco DCC Address 3 and see if you can operate the functions on the default address BEFORE trying to change it. Remember, if you haven't got firmware 1.5 then you will only be able to test the first 9 functions. If you have got the really early 1.1 firmware, then you might not be able to operate any of the Vent Van functions until the firmware has been upgraded.

Select firmware upgrades can only be performed by Hornby on a 'return to Hornby' basis. The charge is typically £15 plus your cost to ship the Select to them. You need to arrange this by phoning Hornby Customer Services (the number is in the 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of the webpage).

There isn't an exact availability date known yet, but firmware 1.6 has been announced as being available later this year. Firmware 1.6 will give you lots of advantages, like for example the ability to write all the individual CVs to your locos that you cannot currently do.

TIP: I write long posts. If you intend to write a reply, it would be appreciated if you didn't use the 'White Arrow in Blue Box' button. This is not a 'Reply to this post button. It is best to write any reply you want to make in the 'Reply Text Box' at the very bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Archived