The new DB5 C4029 (in black)

Dr_C

Over the years every Scalextric product I have purchased has functioned perfectly and looked great... well that is until yesterday... when my new Aston Martin DB5 C4029 arrived in an amazing metallic black paint finish... its chrome plated boot lid was missing... and I have learned that others have the same problem too.

Might Hornby make available some of the missing parts please? It would be a pity to waste resources by shipping nearly (but not quite) perfect model cars backwards and forwards under warranty... especially when the missing part could be easily glued into place by the user. This is such a nice design... but it does need its chrome plated boot lid please!

C

Makes you wonder if any quality control is done. 

I have a major issue with the C3697 Falcon in that the interior posts that prevent the rear axle from popping out are too short and I had to glue the rear axle bushes into the chassis to prevent this.

Most annoyingly I gave one to my nephew for his birthday and due to the fact that I live interstate he wasn't able to even use the car straight out of the box because the rear axle had popped out of the chassis and it just sat on the track with the motor spinning and not going anywhere  

On top of that is that if you are an Australian and only collect Australian cars your collection has major faults in significant body parts not even on the Scalextric cars and a distinct lack of external mirrors or if they have mirrors they are from the wrong model and appear on both doors when the real car only had an external mirror on the driver's side 

Pendle Slot Racing posted this earlier today:

Scalextric News - Last week we received the new Aston Martin DB5 Black (C4029 ). It soon came to our attention that a chrome piece on the boot lid was missing. We have contacted Scalextric (who at the time were unaware of the problem) and they have taken the car off-sale until replacement parts are made available.

Apologies to those customers who have this car on pre-order. We are holding orders until Scalextric supply us with the missing part. In the mean-time we will leave the car listed on pre-order.

Please Note - this is a problem with the entire production, so if you see the car on sale elsewhere it will be incomplete.

If you have bought a black DB5, it’s probably best to contact the vendor. I notice the car is back as a Pre-order on the Scalextric site too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bummed out that it isn’t DPR even though it says it is

Where was it stated that it was DPR?

A lot of people see the back of the package where ALL the features a car could possibly have are listed and think they all apply when the actual features the car has are only on the front and/or top.

If this is an online lisitng the retailer must be contacted to have the listed corrected.

/media/tinymce_upload/7570ff3f772ee998c27b5c6fd0e8112b.jpgbummed out that it isn’t DPR even though it says it is

Where was it stated that it was DPR?

A lot of people see the back of the package where ALL the features a car could possibly have are listed and think they all apply when the actual features the car has are only on the front and/or top.

If this is an online lisitng the retailer must be contacted to have the listed corrected.

It’s right on the case(clam shell)

Hi JDavid, interesting... my packaging too shows the DPR symbol on the display box of my black DB5 and not on the display case of my red DB5. It is clearly a printing error. Both cars have the same mid-chassis motor position so there is no space in this DB5 design for a standard DPR hatch. As mentioned earlier, the retrofit C7005 decoder can be fitted and these cars do run nicely wen modified for digital trackS. So it is indeed worth the effort IMHO.

From memory the Scalextric website has always shown the DB5 features correctly for both black and red DB5s.

Meanwhile, if you need digital mode I would recommend fitting the C7005 decoder. If you are unhappy attempting this yourself there are a number of members of the slotforum.com community who I am sure could help you.

C

If you notice the rear end the crome piece above the license plate isn’t there either (found out it’s called a boot catch) I sent an email a few days ago but no response.  ill look more into the decoder your talking about. I haven’t adventured into anything but the dpr so far or just running anologe 

Archived