TTS Sound Chip

davez21

Hi There

I wonder if any one has had a problem programming the TTS Sound chip By Hornby?

I am using a Gauage Master controller it did not like changing the loco add from 3 to 7 and back from 7 to 3. What happend the controller hung in program mode the smoke came out of it

I wipped the local of the program track and that seams ok but the controller is blowen up.

It seams to read the chip ok in the hornby controller.

Look forward in any comments Cheers Dave.

If you use the forum search function and search for the term "TTS" you will find a multitude of posts and threads devoted to TTS decoder issues. Many of them relating to being unable to change their addresses etc. However, none of them that I recall documenting something as extreme as your post. There are posts the other way round, where the TTS decoder has gone in a 'puff of smoke', but not the controller.

TIP: As this is your first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

I doubt the decoder had anything to do with the controller blowing, especially as it is OK with the Hornby kit, more likely a wiring fault with your programming track. I am not familiar with that controller but does it have separate main and programming track outputs and have you maybe got them cross connected somehow.

Hi to all that replied to my first message and many thanks to you all.

No not a wireing fault on Gauage master controller you have a Program socket and main track socket i use this a lot with Zen chips + others so no idear where the problem lies Gauage Master were very help full and repaired the controller so many thanks to them. May be just a one off but one is now conc. Some one did tel me there is a up grade to the Hornbry controller the Elite if when powered on it does not show 5 than it can be updated. I have never used a hornby so any feed back on this would great.

Many thanks to all that replied Dave.

Hornby controllers show their firmware state as they boot up so you have to watch for it:

Elite shows v1.xx with v1.44 being the current up to date version. You can download the update file and do it yourself.

Select shows xx then 30 then 03 where xx is the revision state 15 being the latest i.e. v1.5 with v1.6 in the pipeline. you have to send it back to Hornby for update.

eLink only shows on the RM screen with v1.07 being the latest. This is updated by RM.

Any chance that by mistake you connected both Main and Prog tracks together on your z21 even if only momentarily, because that would fry a controller.

davez21

I have moved your second post here from the new thread you started with the same name. Just be aware that if you want to continue adding comments to a previous thread you started, you do not use the blue "Add New Topic" button. When viewing the thread you want to add a comment to (this includes adding a reply to somebody else's topic) just scroll down to the bottom of the page. Write your reply in the empty 'Reply Text Box' and click the Green 'Reply Button'.

Archived