Does any Hornby DCC chip run advanced consist?

Guest Chrissaf

Apart from the sapphire chip all other decoders are non CV 19 which allows for advanced consisting?. Eg R8249, all tts and hornby sound decoders.

My MRC/Gaugemaster prodigy advance system only allows for one basic consist and that plays up if shorts on points and have to reset the basic consist for it to go again. So the answer is to set advanced consist and to have multiple consists on my layout. I like to pull 10 car rake with two evening star 9fs up and around mountains and there is 3 of them to manage. So setting advanced consist is important and am finding that there is NO Hornby sound decoder that will do this.

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

Railmaster uses a psuedo consist whereby the software does the control rather than the decoder or controller. This allows you to control each locos sound functions separately and with the Pro pack to reverse a loco direction in the consist, e.g. nose to nose Class 20s.

Railmaster uses a psuedo consist whereby the software does the control rather than the decoder or controller. This allows you to control each locos sound functions separately and with the Pro pack to reverse a loco direction in the consist, e.g. nose to nose Class 20s.

how many consists can it store ?

OK....

I have a elink unit and rail master software but was hoping I could use Decoder Pro by JMRI for a better understanding of CV configuration with their GUI software and consist setup display.

Has anyone used this before or can an elink unit work with JMRI software?

ELink only works with RM.

I tried it with Rocrail but it wouldn’t play properly.

You could still setup in DP with another controller if you find that easeir but RM is fairly versatile to use setting up CVs, etc.

Archived