Bachmann DCC Fitted Voyager on Analogue

Souty Train Guy

Hi,

Before I come onto the actual question, here's where the problems began:

- When I bought the train, I noticed the directional lighting only worked on smooth DC, and not on Hornby r8250 standard controller. When I opened it up, it had 3 DCC decoders: 1 in each end coach, 1 in centre motor coach.

- I noticed once that it appeared dead in a siding, but managed to get it to work again.

- I got it DCC tested to check the decoders.

- It set analogue mode off, so took it back and they turned it on, however, it was not only analogue mode that was the problem (some CVs had been set to random values). Unfortunately, even though the same process was applied to every car, they could not get the directional lighting to work on analogue, so I unplugged the directional lighting and DCC decoders in end coaches (since they didn't work)

So the power car was working...

However, every time that I use it now, it seems to 'break down' in the siding: I run it, run it into a siding, come back the next day and it appears "dead" and refuses to move.

It is temporarily fixed by applying power direct to the motor, then the train works, until I put it away in a siding and does exactly the same thing again. Sidings were changed to check if this was the problem.

Is this a faulty DCC chip, and how can I get around it when it looks like it is hardwired to the motor?

/media/tinymce_upload/ff4969a31e92ff5ac3218f011f1531b9.jpgPower Car Wiring

If you have applied power direct to the motor with a decoder installed then you have likely damaged the decoder. This warning has been issued many times on the forum as a standard no-no.

Archived