Signals changing points in RM uncommanded

I'll be interested in the outcome of the tests.  On a similar note I know I have experienced points changing as I have changed signals even though they have widely different IDs.

Hi,

If your signals are early TrainTech, be aware that they only catered for addresses in the range 1-255. If you try to address one of these as, say, 259, then it will truncate the address by subtracting 256, leaving it with an address of 3. If this then conflicts with a point with that address, then that would account for what you are seeing. TrainTech can, I believe, offer a free firmware upgrade, which would allow longer addresses to be used.

Ray

I'll be interested in the outcome of the tests.  On a similar note I know I have experienced points changing as I have changed signals even though they have widely different IDs.

Hi,

If your signals are early TrainTech, be aware that they only catered for addresses in the range 1-255. If you try to address one of these as, say, 259, then it will truncate the address by subtracting 256, leaving it with an address of 3. If this then conflicts with a point with that address, then that would account for what you are seeing. TrainTech can, I believe, offer a free firmware upgrade, which would allow longer addresses to be used.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I first noticed this problem some time ago so they may have been early models (Train Tech) but the same thing happened with 4 signals purchased recently.  All IDs were below 100.   3 worked fine but I had to change the address of the 4th.  I can’t remember precisely but it was something like this.  I set the 4 signals to IDs 85 to 88.  3 were ok but 87 also operates the 2 cross over points with ID 24.  I changed 87 to 89 and it was ok.

Archived