New Class 50 cab lights

Nookie1050

F25 switches the DCC socket green wire which could be used for the cab lights. The blue wire from the socket is your common positive.

If you want the cab lights directional then just hook them into the directional lighting but be aware of the 100mA limit for each TTS function output.

Hi thanks for the reply, I was hoping for an idea of how to physically fit the light/buld/led into the cab as the new ones have the cab integrated into the body and I cant see anyway of fitting a light into the top/roof as there is (I think) a head code light? fitment and the bulkhead has "stuff" built in (please excuse my ignorence of the technical terms) the older style was easy to fit but the newer ones....hmmm.

Regards Clive.

Drill a suitable hole through the bulkhead from the inner body cavity and fit the led into that. If using smd leds then they will be less intrusive than regular lens shaped leds. Cab lights are usually at head height on the cab bulkhead but for our purposes can be mounted anywhere in the cab, even on the floor.

Archived