Hornby DCC Fitted Class 67

Millsy1707819711

Hello, I recently got a bargiain class 67 in mint condition from ebay. The “Rising Star” to be precise, (67027 I think, off the top of my head). I have watched a few youtube videos on the loco and noticed that the majority of them have both the front and rear (white and red) running lights, whereas mine only has the front running lights (white). They do change based on which direction the loco is going, but I don’t appear to have red lights on mine on the rear.

Is this how they were designed or is something wrong with my loco?

Kind Regards,

Millsy

• 2 weeks later...

Hornby has made 2 completely different versions of the class 67.

Version 1 was the ex-Lima model from 2006.This only has the directional 2 white lights on each end fed from a single bulb at each end via light guides. The main difference from the original Lima model is Hornby put a proper  8 pin socket inside the loco.The red marker lights and white headlight above the windscreen are just painted on the body. R2522 67 027 Rising Star is definitely this model, so unfortunately no working red lights or headlight. Ramseys Model Train guide values the secondhand model between £55 and £70 without decoder. I have 3 of these locos in different liveries and they work really well.

Version 2 is a complete retool from 2012. This has etched side grills, NEM coupling socket and a full set of working red and white lights at each end. The current Colas liveried model is this version. I'm fairly sure Hornby have not made 67 027 in this version. The Youtube videos are probably mostly of this more recent model. Ramseys values secondhand model at £100 to £130 without decoder ( a bit over-valued I feel ).I have 1 of this model and while it is more detailed, from a couple of feet away it's hard to notice much difference.

Archived