Error message on start up

I recently upgraded the PC I use for Railmaster with a faster processor.

When I tried to run Railmaster I got an error stating that the software had been copied from another computer.

I contacted support and they resolved this issue super quick with a serial number reset etc..

However whenever I start the software I still get an error on screen of :-

"It appears that Railmaster has been copied from another computer or your hardware has been altered.

Could not load Pro Pack licence."

If I click on the tick it goes away and Railmaster rons fine - including the Pro Pack.

I'm trying to find a way of getting rid of the error on loading.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Thanks

Mike

I contacted support and they resolved this issue super quick with a serial number reset etc

Contact them again with this revised issue.....they may possibly have to log on remotely this time to correct it.

I assume then that you did not follow the manual instructions (pages 131 &132)  regarding moving RM to what is effectively a new PC. That is to say, to firstly de-activate RM and the ProPack key. Perform your PC hardware modifications, then re-activate the keys thereafter.

Many licensed software vendors include routines to check for PC hardware changes to prevent software copying. About the only main PC component you can change without triggering this check is the RAM. Changing the Processor, the HDD and/or the Motherboard means that from a software perspective the PC is a new one.

Hi Chris,

The upgraded was a new Socket 1366 Zeon CPU which are incredibly cheap from the far east. 

I didn't even realise the software would detect a change in the PC so didn't deactivate software or uninstall before the upgrade.

I've contacted support and am waiting for their response. I will let the forum know the outcome of this issue.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...