Analog cars with digital power base

Ken from PA

I pushed the switch on the left side of the Arc Pro powerbase forward towards the track to switch from digital to analog. The analog car moves a little, stops, the powerbase clicks, shuts off and the restarts. I tried 2 different (new) analog cars and it happens with both of them. The digital cars run fine in both analog and digital mode. 

Hi Ken. It sounds like you have a track configuration in your layout that is fine for digital, but causing a short in analogue. Usually that is a curved lane changer, an odd number of racing curve cross-overs, power taps (or jumpers) installed incorrectly or a pit lane merging the two lanes into one. Making your track analogue-friendly is discussed at the bottom of this page: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/scalextric-digital

Your ARC Pro powerbase (from the Sunset Speedway set?) should act the same as the powerbase discussed in that article.

Let us know if that helps.

Hi Ken. It sounds like you have a track configuration in your layout that is fine for digital, but causing a short in analogue. Usually that is a curved lane changer, an odd number of racing curve cross-overs, power taps (or jumpers) installed incorrectly or a pit lane merging the two lanes into one. Making your track analogue-friendly is discussed at the bottom of this page: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/scalextric-digital

Your ARC Pro powerbase (from the Sunset Speedway set?) should act the same as the powerbase discussed in that article.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks, I followed the link you provided. It provided a plethora of informatio. I think my problem is that I combined the digital Sunset Strip set with the analog Go Kart set. I'm not using the analog power supply or the controller but I am using the analog section of track with the power supply connection in the layout. I also read about the lane change track or pit track entrance causing an issue. This is my first slot car build so a lot of the info from your link probably went way over my head. The best fix might be to just add chips to the analog cars and make everything digital. I was already planning to upgrade 2 of the cars, might as well do the go karts too. Thankss again for the info