Odd throttle slider behaviour

If you have trouble accurately setting speed using the throttle slider, left click on the small throttle slider area to get focus and you can then control speed by 1 MPH intervals using your keyboard Up and Down Arrows or the mouse wheel or by 10 MPH intervals using Pg Up or Pg Dwn buttons as long as the cursor is left in the slider area.

If you click on the slider handle the MPH display seems to activate. If speed is at zero the display changes from 0MPH (no space) to 0 MPH (space) when you click. You can toggle this space by clicking at the bottom of the slider area and/or applying speed using the Up/Dwn arrows or Page buttons. The speed bar can also be made to activate or stay put.

This only works with the small throttle, not the expanded one.

All very odd and I don't know if it is a bug or a characteristic or if it was even programmed into RM. It may be a Windows OS carry over.

• 2 weeks later...

I just fitted a TTS decoder to  Bachmann 4MT.  The speed settings in the loco setup screen are OK Shunt 10mph & Cruise 60mph.

When I try the loco on the layout it barely moves on the low speed arrow (like 1mph), hit the double arrow and the slider vanishes off the top of the screen!

Using the slider only to control the speed is OK but only reached about 40mph.

I've found Bachmann locos can be a bit odd in the past, that's why the majority of my locos are Hornby.

Any advide on adjusting settings for Bachmann locos would be appreciated.

RAF96 - The small speed control was doing OK - I think the issue lies with the Max Speed (in tiny blue letters) which I noticed is at 40 although I reset the top speed to 70mph in the loco setup screen.  

Perhaps if I search throught the database and find a loco with a higher top speed that may do the trick, amending the loco detail and photo obviously.

Thanks for the tip about the fine adjustment.