Scalextric ultimate endurance Aston Martin Vs Jaguar

Mac999

Hi last time I had a Scalextric was when I was 13 years old,Im now 54 and have brought one on ebay and dont have a clue what it has and doesnt have 🤔 Does anyone know if its digital? and has it braking system?and can I lane change with it and race more the one car on a single track? If not how do I convert it so it can have all or some of these things?My last set was JPS and another I forget,F1,but all pretty basic back in the day,but fun 😆Need help now as they all seem so high tech./media/tinymce_upload/3ab36be505e2deedc26486d9d5c03056.jpg

This ought to be helpful:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/our-ranges-explained

That is a standard analog set so 2 lanes and 2 cars only.

It is also the Sport style of track connector that has been the standard since 2004.

Digital sets (that allow lane-changing and up to 6 cars) usually have the word digital printed on them.

There are 2 ways to digitize (or to chip) a car for digital use. Either with an easyfit digital plug or with a retro chip.

The cars that can take an easyfit digital plug are called Digital Plug Ready or DPR. It is usually marked on the package but it is obvious as there is a "trap door" under the car secrued by a screw.

The retro chip can be used with any car 8and almost any make) to digitize it. It requires soldering skills but it is very doable.

Having digital cars makes no sense without lane changing! Straight lane changers are the only currently readily made and avilable lane changers.

There are legace curved lane changers but these will likely need to be modified for use with ARC PRO, the latest digital powerbase, which you will also need to use digital racing features.