Latest Vent van R6925TTS & Railmaster Programming

Hello Could someone help me please? I have just got the latest DCC Vent Van R6925 I also have the previous DCC Vent Van R6888. Both vans are listed in the data base but they are identical in the programming buttons. I’m trying to add the new van but don’t know how as it just duplicates the original one. Do I need to wait for an update I have just updated to 1.71 ver 0. but it’s still the same for the Vent Vans.

Kind regards

Rob Wright

Just overwrite the new van’s sound list descriptions Rob.

The van will only play whatever sound it has programed on-board regardless of what the buttons say.

No doubt HRMS will catch up one day.

If anyone is wondering what the new van sound set is like - this is they...

/media/tinymce_upload/9ffbd3432e1df45b92f4a45c81ad137e.png

Just got my VV2 decoder and set it up in RM to run using a demo program in five minutes flat.

First I cloned a VV1 ID and changed the function descriptions manually.. Then took my VV1 demo program, globally changed the VV DCC ID and fiddled with the timings to give the new sounds time to play out. Job done, tested and ready for the Great Eastern Digital Day on 6th December. 

There are some fun new sounds in VV2. It would be good to try a compendium of VV1 and VV2 sounds as backgrounds for  various layout cameos. Trouble is my layout is still a paper plan, so that will have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Rob, for the VV2 sounds list. I had pre-ordered mine and it arrived yesterday but it's been snatched away to go under the Christmas tree. My layout is not in operation anyway (for Gecko mess-removal. See posts in "Off Topic"!), so I could not have tried it out anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

R6925T VV2 is now listed with the correct function descriptions in RM but some the names are too long and various on/offs are corrupt so you have to knife and fork it anyhow to a lesser extent than before. See my other post in RM v1.72 thread.

HRMS tells me they have sorted the VV2 descriptions to shorten some of them and to correct a typo in one of the on/off suffixes (was on/ff).

The fix will be in the next download link update later.

If anyone is having trouble listing R6925T then give it a day or so and reload RM from the update link.

• 10 months later...

With the loco / vent van in question placed on the 'programming track'.

Open the 'Locomotive Settings' screen.

DO NOT try and load any locomotive into this screen. Instead go straight to the bottom of the page and click the [ i ] icon to open the CV read / write screen.

DO NOT try and read any CVs at all.

Go straight to CV160 and it should be visible and writeable.

I have given this same answer before to another who asked this question and my solution worked for him

I knew it would.

Basically, HRMS [the RailMaster developers] over complicate RailMaster with loco and decoder databases that as you have found out sometimes fail to work as intended. Sometimes all you need to do is circumvent the official methodology and think 'outside of the box' and use the absolutely minimal bits of the RailMaster software that works at the basic level. That, in essence, is just what my TIP does. Only two of my locos are Hornby, so from the very beginning I had to find ways for RailMaster to work for me without using the internal RM databases.