digital retro fit for salon cars

Mac999

Hi,I have a set I have converted to digital,I have DPR cars I have brought the plugs for,(all Muscle cars)my older (US muscle cars)  need a retro fit plug,I see the saloon car retro fit(solder it yourself) is no longer available,only F1.

Does anyone know if the F1 kit will work on a US Muscle car?and why would Scalextric stop making the salon car retro kit?is it to make everyone by DPR cars? ☹️

Thanks for your help

Hi Mac. Only one type of retro-fit chips has been manufactured for the past 5-6 years. The C7005 is good for converting pretty much any car with a standard 18,000 rpm motor - so all Scalextric cars, including the non-DPR muscle cars.

I guess the C7005 was chosen over the C7006 chip because it is smaller and so will fit easily into as many cars as possible. There are plenty of smaller saloon and GT cars where only the C7005 would fit. Why it is still called 'Type A' or 'Single-Seater' or 'F1' I don't know. To me it is the retro-fit chip.

I hope that helps.

As woodcote says there really is only the one chip.

In fact, the LMP and GT Lightning Start have a hole in the proper place for the LED and little plugs to hold it in place.

The chassis is also formed ina way that the retro chip sits snugly in it...