Elink to r8247 acc decoder.

On the track plan designer screen right click on the point and input the address you have programmed for those points to your R8247. If it is the olny one you have then fatory default is deocder 1 points 1-4.

The Peco points simply wire to the associated ports - C + on the R8247, with the track connection wired to your DCC track, noting that Peco point motor wiring colours are not the same as Hornby wiring colours.

To program the R8247 to a different set of addresses follow the instructions in the RM manual.

Note that the Peco point motor has a larger hole in the tie bar attachment link than a Hornby one so there is some slack.

Hello every one.

I am a newbie to your forum and would like some help please.

My partner has bought me for Xmas a r8247 acc., decoder and pecorino P11 point 

motors,i have peco points on my layout but only want to make 4 switch.

I am running rail master with elink,have programmed track layout as default,

now I need to know how to set up elink with the acc decoder (connections)

I have written a fully detailed 'step by step' tutorial and previously posted it on this forum. It can be viewed and read on this link.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/programming-accessory-decoders/?p=1/

IMPORTANT NOTE:

PECO point motors use the same three wire colours as Hornby, but the function of the wires is different. Hornby use 'Black' as the common return. PECO use the 'Green' wire as the common return. The drawing in the post above is drawn for Hornby wiring colours. So be sure to wire the R8247 to the PECO wiring colour scheme and not the Hornby one.

1. Do I take out the wires to the track on eLink or leave them connected ?

Leave them connected.

2. Do I connect decoder to eLink on program?

Yes....you use the 'Prog' output of the eLink to configure and set up an R8247. But once set up, you disconnect from the 'Prog' output and share the eLink 'Track' output for both the track and the R8247.

3. Do I connect decoder to track with clip, and leave eLink with wires connected to track?

You can do...this is an option. See my linked post for details of alternative options.

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/