Hornby RailRoad R6368 BR 20 Ton Brake Van: B952042 and B952004 Variants

NWR-Gordon-4

Has anybody noticed that there are two variants of the Hornby RailRoad R6368 BR 20 Ton Brake Van?

Variant no.1 which I believe is the first version, has the full capital letter product descripton sticker, containing the fleet number 'B952042'. The paint colour seems to be a very light brown colour, a similar colour to the Hornby Thomas & Friends Brake Vans found in the two triple packs, R9300 (From 2015) and R9706 (From 2012).

Variant no.2 which I believe is the second version, has the mostly lowercase product description sticker, containing the fleet number 'B952004'. The paint colour seems to be darker brown reddish colour, similar in colour to the Hornby Thomas & Friends R109 Brake Van.

I am unsure when this product was first release and which year Hornby alterted the brake van's colour and fleet number.

Please feel free to comment below! Thanks.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Yes, these brake vans are old toppings, plus all the brake vans, accept for R9200 Toad, from the Hornby Thomas & Friends range use the same tooling.

Images of B952042 trom the Internet, appears to be a reddish brown colour to mused, but depending on what light the model was taken in nd how good the camera is, really does depend of it does show the true colour or not.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I have puchased both versions of the Hornby RailRoad R6368 BR 20 Ton Brake Van, so I can distinguish myself the differeces between the two models. Will be a lot easier than using Internet images. I may also upoad some images here, if somebody would like to see them.

I have also found third version of the BR 20 Ton Brake Van from the Hornby RailRoad range, which appears to be exclusive to a triple pack. The triple pack in question is the Hornby RailRoad R6365 Breakdown Pack. The BR 20 Ton Brake Van included contains the fleet number 'B952040'.

Hornby RailRoad R6365 Breakdown Pack also contains a red Tredegar 5014 LWB Open Wagon and a yellow BR Breakdown Crane.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I have just remebered about a fourth BR 20 Ton Brake Van, BR Grey liveried brake van found in Hornby RailRoad R2670 GWR Freight Train Pack. The brake van does have a fleet / running number, but I am unsure what it is. The train pack also contained a Class 101 GWR 0-4-0T locomotive, a Charingtons LWB Open Wagon and a GWR Ventilated Van.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)