A thank you to Hornby support

IJG

Felt I just had to post my thanks to all at Hornby Support.  My computer crashed this morning and the repair wiped all of my downloaded software, including Railmaster (which had not been deactivated as a result)

I tried asking for a reset on my activation key online, which failed as I couldn't remember my previous email address when I bought the software so felt the only way I could move forward was to download a new evaluation copy and then buy a new key online.  This I duly did and immediately got an email back from support querying whether I wanted the key or the Pro-pack, a difference of £40.00 in the cost.  They had obvioulsy picked up that I already had Railmaster.  That on its own is fantastic customer support but they went better than that.  After I explained why I was doing what I was doing, they reset my old activation key and did all of this between 1600-1700hrs when, in my experience, most support departments are going home.

One very happy customer and it goes to show that the advice from other forum members to contact support@hornby is very good advice.  As I put in my email to them, the late christmas present is gratefully accepted and my thanks go out to all in the support department.  They deserve some praise as we are all quick to complain.

Now to find that thread about sorting out the lack of a short circuit message On Ver 7.1

Historically, we on the forum have seen RailMaster support levels peak during the Christmas period and more resources are made available (even on Christmas & Boxing day) because of Hornby products being traditionally bought as presents. Just to note, that RailMaster software support is not provided by Hornby. Hornby have outsourced this to a small independent software house. Thus you have not been dealing directly with Hornby 'office hours' personnel. Whether it is still the same person I can not say, but Hornby RailMaster support used to be Richard Prokop the original RailMaster developer.

I only mention Richard by name, because this info is in the 'public domain' ....follow the clickable link.