R2902XS Chris Wren sound sheet

Guest Chrissaf

This may help generally 

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/index/cat/15/

As the Class 08 is a Loksound decoder - don't know which version - but I believe Chris has one and will maybe be able to help with the intruction sheet.

Edit1

You cannot post your email address on here and there is no PM system.

Edit 2

I also spotted this on an old post from 2014 talking at the same XS model...

Well, today the sound on my Hornby 0-6-0 diesel finally gave up the ghost and the nice scouse lady from whom said loco was purchased told me to try writing CV63 to 60-80. Surprisingly I succeeded in the mission but the loco does not want to make any sound so it looks like a trip back to Liverpool for the loco unless anyone has any bright ideas. Lady thinks the speaker might be blown if no sound coming out. As this was the same model being sold off for around half price in the Hornby sale as well as in Liverpool looks like this may well be a common fault with this loco?

Well remembered Rob......Yes indeed I do have a Hornby R2902XS.

Weareallmadabout......,

I will need to find which box I have my original R2902XS packaging in, extract the documentation from it......scan it to create a PDF copy.....then provide you with a 'download' link to it. This may take me some time to complete....so check back later.

Are you using a digital controller ? It will not produce any sound on an ordinary analogue controller.

Incorrect. The R2902XS most definitely produces sound as standard without any additional configuration when run on an Analogue DC controlled layout. Albeit, only the engine running sound.....it does not play any of the spot sounds like horns and whistles etc. when on a DC Analogue layout, but the engine sound does play. This is because it contains a Loksound V35 decoder and not a Hornby one.

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Here is a link to my documentation for the R2902XS scanned and saved as a PDF.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/8q6Z5BBG5e

When the linked page opens click the 'R2902XS.pdf' file name in the top right corner to view and download. Link has been tested and confirmed working.

Please advise when you have downloaded a copy so that I can delete the file from my BT cloud storage.

PS - When choosing a user name please have some consideration for others that might need to retype it to address you....... 😆.....in case it is not obvious this is intended as a joke and not being serious, but having to type out "Weareallmadaboutstrains" is very time consuming. If you go into your 'forum account' you do actually have the ability to change your mind and choose another username (nickname), but you can do this only once yourself. After which you have to ask the forum administrator to change it for you.

Just a quick question and I hope somebody can help.  I recently bought an R2902XS second hand from my local model shop second hand.  It runs beautifully and I'm really pleased with it, but I don't have a list of sounds it makes which comes in the little instruction paper.  Does anybody on here have this train and the sound list.  If so, could you possibly email it to me (don't know how to give email address) or just post it on here.  I would be so grateful if somebody can do this.