Flying Scotsman piston block

Guest Chrissaf

Welcome to the Forum.

There have been many versions of Flying Scotsman made by Hornby over the years but only the very first model (yours) had the type of cylinder block you are seeking.  The part number is X689 for the loco in BR livery or X689A with white lining for LNER livery.  Because of their age, they are prone to breaking and are therefore rather hard to come by.

GS  

Hi, I have just returned to model railway after 45 years so please be gentle with me....I have a Flying Scotsman with body number R850/5...The piston blocks are broken and I have seen some replacement ones on the internet.  Will any piston block that is for Scotsman fit or do I need to get an exact replica of the R850/5 piston block and if so could anyone advise me of a supplier..Thanks, Tony  

Hi Folks, Thank You for your help...I have just purchased the correct one from gordon's Ebay link...I have just put up a 10' x 4'6" board and I shall start laying track this week......really looking forward to developing the layout as I go .. Fond regards Tony