Broken guide mount on Ginetta LMP 1

Monkey magic

So After about 2 days the assembly holding the guide blade on both my ginetta lmp 1 broke I cannot find a replacement chassis anywhere !!! Is it that new there are no spares. And is there a kit or some way of reinforcing the assembly ? Bit silly the weakest part is not replaceable 

The guide holder is usually strong for most people's racing. While they can break as a fluke it often means the car was simply going too fast for that section of track (usually an R1 curve).

You may want to use the ARC APP to limit the top speed or adjust the controller.

I reinforce mean with a UHU glue for plastics. It doesn't always work but it can.help.

Some people take 3-5 mm thick plastic and reinforce it.

There was a supplier for guide blade support replacements but they have been out of business for a long time.

Thanks for the response . But I'm still not sure where that leaves me . Do I lose 2 cars . is There any help . The cars Weren't going too fast at all as in no spectacular high speed accidents. first the guide started sticking on drift corners then on 2 cars the mint broke . I'm scared to race any more cars 

Hi Monkey Magic. I was assuming you had the ARC Pro Le Mans 24 hour set with the two Ginettas - is that right? When you say the guides are getting stuck on "drift corners" I'm not sure what you mean. On Scalextric Sport track, the guides should pass through without sticking. However, with the older (1960s - 2000) 'classic' track system (also produced by SCX/Scalextric in Spain), the guide on the Ginettas will rub on the bottom of the slot - although I have never seen any breakages as you describe... The fix there is to trim the guide.

I still suggest you contact Scalextric Customer Services a detailed description of what set, track and cars you have been using, photos of the breakages and how they happened. Scalextric need to know if their cars are breaking with normal use so they can investigate - and offer you a replacement, if appropriate.

I hope that helps.

• 8 months later...

I have also seen the round assembly as part of the chassis that holds the blade snap. Both of my Ginetta's that came with the 24 Hour Lemans ARC pro set have snapped. Tried super gluing back together but didnt last long. Very frustrating. Two cars that are currently useless.