Setting R8247 to constant output in RM

guys

im hoping someone can help me out as im using an a R8247 decoder for my points an it works well

but i have been aware of  that you are able to change it from a short high power burst of power to a continuous output feed of power

witch is  exactly what i'm looking for

as i have read the instructions that with it but  i've noticed it only cover the Hornby Select  an the Elite  nothing there to tells you how anything  regarding the Hornby E link controller 

as im iseing the Hornby e link controller as im using it with Hornby rail master software

as im hoping sumone is able to help me out with this  please

look foward to hearing from you

Thank you  Gavin

I have answered this post on RM Web forum earlier today.

Chris - topic moved as requested. Did you want to hide your original post and repost your initial response again here.

To recap connect your R8247 to the elNk Prog output, select the Point programming icon and select R8247 from the drop down. Ensure the correct addresses are present then select always on for the rewuired ports. Write this configuration to the decoder.

If you had an earlier accessory decoder R8216 then it does not support always on, only pulsed. If you try to readback the settings the port addresses may not seem correct. Ignore this and reconnect the R8247 to your main track and check all is well.

Page 73 of the latest 1.72 RM manual.....extract replicated below. Note the yellow highlight.

Basically you connect the R8247 to the PROG A&B output of the eLink. Open the Accessory Decoder configuration page (see manual extract below). Input the Port 1 address you want to use (the other three ports will be automatically numbered sequentially from the address assigned to Port 1).

Click the check boxes for the ports you want to make 'always on'. Then write the configuration to the decoder using the blue pen icon on the left.....not the green tick on the right.

As simple as A, B, C

/media/tinymce_upload/0f41f055e19542890b3c0d4511c33a0e.jpg

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image. If you use the blue button, any reply you write, may be held back for image approval. Even though it is already a previously published image.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/