Elite power plug

TechImp

I hope I have picked the right section. I am looking for a replacement power plug for the Elite power supply. I have aquired a 4A supply but need the correct plug which seems to be a hard to get odd size - 6.5mm OD, 2.9mm ID. I have searched the internet, including the forums with no luck. Surely someone else has had the same problem? I can of course cut the plug off the original Hornby supply but prefer to do that as a last resort.

It is on the forum somewhere and maybe Chris will spot this post and locate the details. Unfrotunately the forum search facility is dire. You get better results searching on Google and looking for hits that ref back to the forums.

6.5mm x 3.5 mm centre positive rings a bell but do not rely on that until it is confirmed.

Your suggested size plug is close, but not exact.

The correct sized DC plug for the Elite is:

Outside Dia 6.3mm

Inside Pin 3.0mm, but 3.1mm will fit as well.

The 6.3 / 3.1 is a little easier to source. Here is an example on eBay.

You are correct, the question has been asked and answered before on the forum. The problem is finding in which post the information is buried away in.

PS - For others reading....the same sized DC plug is also used on the Select and the eLink, and also the R8239 Booster (now obsolete).

Thank you both, RAF96 and Chrissaf, as always right to the point with the right information. I have ordered the device from ebay (UK) . I measured using digital verniers, but the centre is not easy to get a accurately. 

I have found searching the forums, not as easy as it might be as you say.

Thanks again.