Midland Railway 156 Class Loco

KT-T123

Hello, 

I wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to purchase a model of a Kirtley-designed Midland Railway 156 Class 2-4-0 tender engine?  I have had a look on some model websites, but I haven't had any luck (I am not that great with the internet).  

My great grandfather drove the express from Kings Cross and I have a photo of him in it, and so I would like a model version for my railway.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.  It is my first post.

Many thanks in advance,

KT-T

Hello KT-T123, This forum is OK although apart from a few hardy souls most people here are firmly wedded to Hornby Ready to Run. There are a few more forums you could try, one a few of us also belong to this one which is a bit broader in interest.  https://www.modelrailwayforum.co.uk.

The range of ready to run models from the era you mention are very few and far between and I don't think any one makes it either fully assembled or in kit form .Your only hope would be to find a modeller who might be willing to make one from scratch although this is likely to be an expensive option. Nowadays it is possible to manufacture one using 3D printing, but you need to find somebody who has the neccessary skill and equipment. 

The model railway magazines sometimes feature advertisements from model makers who make stuff on commission. 

Thankyou both for your replies.  I was expecting the answer to be negative!

I am interested in the 3d printing/model maker angle though, and I shall look into that.  It sounds expensive though.  I will buy a railway magazine next time I am in Menzies. 

KT-T