Poor running & loosing/changing DCC address

Eastern

I have  got J36 TTS fitted as a Christmas present it does not run well even after running in and I all so experiening loco address changing without me doing this . My DCC system is Bachman Dynamis with pro box. and  I don’t have the receipt as brought at a show in July 

Regarding the inconsistent running, try changing CV 150 to a value of 1........this is known to improve jerky running on the TTS decoder.

Re: the changing address, what type of connection do you use for the control wires to the track?........If a Hornby power track does it have the suppression capacitor under the cover?........HB

Decoders that lose their addresses can sometimes be an indication that the decoder has sustained some damage as a result of being victim to transient 'short circuits' on the track. On DCC, a short circuit can cause 'ringing'. Ringing is a form of DCC waveform oscillation that creates voltages up to three times the base DCC voltage which is 28 volts 'peak to peak'. Thus 'ringing' can generate voltages up to 75 volts 'peak to peak'. These high voltages can damage decoders as the voltages can exceed the voltage specification of IC and capacitor components.

Short circuit 'ringing' can be dampened by fitting a 'snubber'. A snubber is a simple two component circuit consisting of a 0.1uF Ceramic Disk capacitor in series with a 2 watt 100 ohm resistor wired across the track.

To read more on snubber theory follow this link to an article written by an active member of the NMRA. The NMRA wrote the DCC standard.

Not sure a suppression capacitor is going to cause address to revert to 03 HB?  They usually cause poor response to DCC commands with some decoders being more susceptible than others.  More likely damage as Chris suggests.

But as it's new, return to Hornby under warranty.  And fit snubbers as Chris suggests.