Programming a sapphire decoder to operate a DMU shuttle on ACC

Paulpmagic

I am about to purchase a Sapphire decoder and install in a Class 153 to operate on a back and forward shuttle across 3 stations and into a siding, then return back the same path.

I have been researching manual and other sources and would like to know if any body has previous done this?

I understand that I wil have to enter values for different stages using the appropriate CVs

Any body already done this ?

Regards 

Paul

I suggest that you digest the information contained in this existing thread first, to see if it answers your question or not..

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/28780/?p=1

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

The answer to all your questions is yes and the information on how to do it is as per the answer Chris gave you.

I would warn you though that the events to do this are all time based - do this for time x, then do that for for time y, then , etc, etc repeat until stopped. The problem is this causes creep due to many factors and this inaccuracy builds up to the point where the whole thing needs resetting. Hornby’s suggested way to prevent this is to slowly crash into the buffers every now and then. In your case when you enter the siding. This will neutralise the creep error to a greater or lesser extent depending upon the duration of other timed events that you are repeating.

As Jane2 says the number of events is limited, only four, but they can be repeated.

You have to consider you may need to start in forward, stop, do this for each station, start in reverse, stop, for each station repeat the loop (x times or perpetual). In addition there is a CV to provide an initial wait before the first event, so as stated auto operation is possible but fairly limited in scope.

This does not take into account any changing of points required which will either have to be manual or via some other automation such as Railmaster program which can produce more complex auto operations by way of programs, which can be as simple as recording your controller keystrokes including points changing if under DCC control.