Elite controller

Colin1325

Hi all complete newcomer here after a long and arduous walk I've managed to set up 2 separate numbers for my 2 67s phew no idea wat I'm doing..... But done it now thank the lord..... Wen I turn everything off and take elite off track will I  the hard earned number setting on my 67 s or will I be able to simply plug it all back in and the settings will still be there.... Incidentally is there an easy way to switch one to the seco d controller button without mucking... Up everything  thanx colin 

As to selecting which control knob controls which loco and how to switch between them, then that will depend upon which firmware (operating software) is loaded into the Elite. The way the control knobs are used was changed in a recent firmware release.

The firmware version is briefly displayed on the screen during the Elite power up procedure. The very latest current version is version 1.45, but that is very recent. Yours might be between 1.41 and 1.44, or it might be a much earlier 1.1 to 1.3 version (depending upon where you sourced the Elite from and whether second-hand or not).

So tell us which version you have, then it will be easier for us to tell you the control methodology.

As to selecting which control knob controls which loco and how to switch between them, then that will depend upon which firmware (operating software) is loaded into the Elite. The way the control knobs are used was changed in a recent firmware release.

The firmware version is briefly displayed on the screen during the Elite power up procedure. The very latest current version is version 1.45, but that is very recent. Yours might be between 1.41 and 1.44, or it might be a much earlier 1.1 to 1.3 version (depending upon where you sourced the Elite from and whether second-hand or not).

So tell us which version you have, then it will be easier for us to tell you the control methodology.

85 is a good up

85 is a good up

What does this refer to.....it has nothing to do with the Elite firmware version.

You now won't be able to reply again until after 24 hours has passed. This is a newbie restriction to combat 'spammers' and the restriction should be lifted after about 48 hours.

TIP: As this is your very first question thread, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

The loco address is held in the decoder. The Elite makes a stack of loco addresses in use during a running session which you can recall quickly using the ESC button to cycle through them, once you have asked for them initially. This list is dynamic and deleted at Elite power down, so they will not be on the ESC button at next power up.

I am presuming from your elation that 85 was one of the loco addresses you allocated In your first post discussion.