Trackbusters 1984

Imac1977

We get this question a lot "what XYZ worht?"

The truth is, and it is a bit cliché, it is worth what someone is willing to pay.

I get asked at the club all the time how I get things so "cheap" and its simply a matter of timing. I buy when demand is low, so the price is low.

Something may be worth 100$/€ but if no one is willing to fork that out ...

Just yesterday on an online auction site an entire slot car set (track, cars controllers etc) was sold for 1€ (plus shipping). Sure there was nothing special about the set (not a Scalextric brand) but it surely was worht more than 1€.

One other thing: Since we can't guarantee privacy required for transactions you will have to advertise this set on a forum that supports that like slotracer.online....

We get this question a lot "what XYZ worht?"

The truth is, and it is a bit cliché, it is worth what someone is willing to pay.

I get asked at the club all the time how I get things so "cheap" and its simply a matter of timing. I buy when demand is low, so the price is low.

Something may be worth 100$/€ but if no one is willing to fork that out ...

Just yesterday on an online auction site an entire slot car set (track, cars controllers etc) was sold for 1€ (plus shipping). Sure there was nothing special about the set (not a Scalextric brand) but it surely was worht more than 1€.

One other thing: Since we can't guarantee privacy required for transactions you will have to advertise this set on a forum that supports that like slotracer.online....

Many thanks Andy P, I'll have a look there and see if any interest!

Cheers

Uain

Hi Uain. It's often a good idea to contact collectors and dealers for an estimate of price - especially for a rarer set or car, which this set certainly is - and how best to sell it. The National Scalextric Collectors Club (NSCC) would be a good start. Some reputable UK dealers include Phil Smith (scaleslotcars.com) and Julie and Mark at Scale Models (scalemodels.co.uk).

Good luck!