RailMaster & Elite 'new install' communication issues.

Guest Chrissaf

Elite runs at 96200 baud. ELink at 115200. Sometimes RM and Dev Mgr can have them set differently. Just set them correctly.

As widely discussed on here , since v1.72.0 you may have to fiddle with your .ini file settings for Alt Comms and Check Controller . Try they at value = 0 or 1 in each combination. Other folk have found setting Elite Feedback to = 0 also helps.

I have just installed the latest Railmaster and have it connected to my Elite via USB (Elite is running latest 1.45 firmware.

Every 25-30 seconds my railmaster software losses connection with my Elite then reconnects. It is almost as though there is an issue with the Elite and windows 10.

I have a com3 in my device manager and set that in Railmaster, however what speed should I be using in my USB and railmaster settings?

Cheers,

ALex B

Note that there is a typo mistake in Rob's reply above. He wrote the Elite baud rate as 96200.....that should read 19200. This is confirmed on Page 16 of the current RailMaster manual, that states baud rate = 19200 & data bits = 8 & parity = none & stop bit = 1 & flow control = none.

How to correct this issue is covered by this existing thread:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/train-will-not-run-on-elink-plus-other-issues/?p=1

I suspect that your "Check controller" line in your 'railmaster.ini' file is set as =1 changing this to =0 is likely to correct your issue. But do run through all of my guidance in the above link.

Note that the above link was written for the eLink, but the Elite uses the same Windows software driver and the guidance is valid for the Elite too. Note also that since the above post was written, the RM software is now 1.72 and not 1.70.2 as documented in the post.

Note also that with Windows 10, you do not use the Elite driver included on the RailMaster CD or installed by the RailMaster installer into the 'Driver' folder on the PC hard disk. This is a legacy driver for Windows Vista & XP and should not be used on Windows 7, 8 or 10. Correct driver installation for Windows 10 is covered in the thread where you originally posted your question.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Alex don’t just rely on RM auto-update to install the latest version as often there are incremental revisions issued without formal change notice. If in doubt download periodically from the link at top of page. I have gotten into the habit of downloading every time I crank the PC up and I am likely to use RM.