Introducing the BR Std 2MT & an update on new liveries

JeremiahBunyan

Time for my thoughts!

The BR Std 2MT looks beautiful. It's good to see that large parts of it are die-cast, that actually justifies the price which I initially thought was a bit high. But with a majority of the model being die-cast, it's good enough. The BR Green one remains to be my favourite. I'm now sitting on the wall thanks to two items - and APT-P and a BR Std 2MT. Time to rob a bank?

The CAD work for the LNER Thompson A2/3 looks impressive. Can't wait to see this progress.

Most of the regulars on the forum will know that the Class 91s will be my main interest. For starters (no signalling pun intended), I'm absolutely thrilled that Hornby have decided to show-off their Class 91 by digitally texturing the model. Really does show off the model at it's best. I had initially pre-ordered the InterCity version. However that was done in haste and when I saw that VTEC's "For the Fallen" was part of the announcement, I quickly changed the order.

The "Yellow Submarine" Eurostar is a work of art.

With more and more model locos coming out with diecast superstructures is this going to become the norm I wonder? It certainly will assist with haulage, something that Hornby Dublo were renowed for.  I once hung 35 bogie coaches behind my 'Clan Line', a Hornby Dublo original released by Wrenn, but basically the same, and was unable to add any more because the front of the loco was too close to the rear one. The loco romped away with them