Micro Scalextric as a teaching aid

DaveCooke

The second Scalextric day at our local games shop went very well. Quite a few people had a go on my Micro Scalextric setup and were very surprised at how fast the cars went, and how well they stuck to the track (new type). We had a lad turned up from Doncaster way. He is a teacher at a school for the deaf in Doncaster and thought Scalextric might be something he could get the kids into as a project. After having a play on my Micro Scalextric he ordered two sets! He is also going to start coming to our Scalextric days, so a success all round.

Dave

That's really cool Dave! Micro Scalextric is a great tool for teaching various aspects of the STEM syllabus. I've taken a Micro set and stripped-down cars + components to a couple of STEM events at our local library and from those got invites to local primary schools - my response to those was for the teachers to buy a set and create their own lessons plans around it. We also find some of our younger slot car club racers really get into the technical side of the cars. Most just enjoy the fun of the racing, but to win races they do need to understand why the car behaves in a certain way.