Broken Motor , how change it ?

I hid the other post as double posting makes it difficult for people to follow.

Motors usually don't burn out unless they are run at full speed for a while (whereby a while is only about 30 seconds) .

If the car is digital (as you had posted in the digital forum) it could be a digital chip problem.

What happened just before the car stopped working?

Replacing a motor is fairly easy. You may have to solder the cables on but it is pretty straight forward.

Dear Andy, thank you for your kick awnser. 

I trided change the chip e sitll doesent work, the lights comes on but the motor dosent.

How can I do to change? Can I buy on amazon  ? Could you give me the specifications for that purcahse?

I thik we acelarete the car but not for 30 sencods, alomst 10 secondas maximum.

Best, Rodrigo Aquim 

Hi Rodrigo - welcome to the forum!

The motor in the Ford Mk4 is a 'slim can' FF-050SH motor that is rated at 18,000 rpm @ 12 volts. Most slot car stores that sell spare parts should have similar motors in stock. You might also find one at an electronics retailer. Motors are more likely to fail after very many hours of use rather than short times at maximum power. If the car is reasonably new, I would contact Scalextric Customer Services for a replacement.

I hope that helps.

Hi Rodrigo - welcome to the forum!

The motor in the Ford Mk4 is a 'slim can' FF-050SH motor that is rated at 18,000 rpm @ 12 volts. Most slot car stores that sell spare parts should have similar motors in stock. You might also find one at an electronics retailer. Motors are more likely to fail after very many hours of use rather than short times at maximum power. If the car is reasonably new, I would contact Scalextric Customer Services for a replacement.

I hope that helps.

Dear,

Once again thank a lot !

How can I do to buy it ? I am not in UK, I am living in Brazil. 

Best , Rodrigo Aquim 

Dear Andy, thank you for your kick awnser. 

I trided change the chip e sitll doesent work, the lights comes on but the motor dosent.

How can I do to change? Can I buy on amazon  ? Could you give me the specifications for that purcahse?

I thik we acelarete the car but not for 30 sencods, alomst 10 secondas maximum.

Best, Rodrigo Aquim 

Dear,

Once again thank a lot !

How can I do to buy it ? I am not in UK, I am living in Brazil. 

Best , Rodrigo Aquim