Class 55 diesel loco DCC fitted

Ukrich1958

I have a bachmann class 55 deltic,(the kings own yorkshire light infantry). the loco is excellent runner on dcc but after converting my P2 to tts ( with help from this forum), I'm looking to put tts decoder in class 55,i can't seem to find a decoder for this model, only seen class 50 so far.

any advice please, Rich.

Bachmann Class 55 is likely to be a 21 pin socket.

Hornby TTS is an 8 pin decoder, hence you would need an adaptor, even so Hornby doesn’t do a Class 55 TTS decoder. Nothing else much would sound like a Deltic engine.

Will it work and control my loco motor........yes

Will it sound anywhere near the distinct sound of a Class 55......NO.

If I can use an analogy......it would be a bit like having a cat that barks like a dog. They both have four legs and a tail and can be pets, but that is about all they have in common.

I have a Bachmann Class 55 with a factory fitted Loksound decoder. The sounds this loco makes, bears no resemblance to the sounds that my other Diesel sound locos make (also Loksound).

PS - My Bachmann Class 55 is 21 pin.

You can fit what you like but if you want it to sound like it is supposed to then ...

...go on oo-tube and look for videos of 50s and 55s and compare the difference in sound. I don’t even suppose the horns are anywhere near alike.

You can fit what you like but if you want it to sound like it is supposed to then ...

...go on oo-tube and look for videos of 50s and 55s and compare the difference in sound. I don’t even suppose the horns are anywhere near alike.

Hi I see what you mean, big difference between the two. I managed to find article on olivias trains to fit decoder and they sell lok sound v5 8 pin I will give them a call to make sure I'm getting correct one as they are £100 a shot. Will let you know  how I get on

Rich

Have a look on RM Web DCC Sound forum, in particular Richard Crofts sound page where a trawl will find a Class 55 video if memory serves me right. Charlie Petty and Legomanbiffo are also contributors on there and can advise on a decent Deltic sound fit for the same price as Olivias.