Moved Topic: Best Track Sets

Andy P.

Hey all! I’m getting back into slot cars, and I’m looking for suggestions. I played with several track sets as a kid (20-25 years) ago that my dad and some of his friends had. Unfortunately, I can’t remember many specific details today. So (and I know this can be fairly subjective, but...) are there any specific track sets that you would recommend or think stand out above others? Vintage or newer? I’d love to put together a nice higher end track setup some day, but I’m mostly looking for recommendations for unique and/or fun HO sets that I’ll enjoy with my kids for now...Tyco, Life Like, AFX, Auto World, etc. I’ve searched several websites, YouTube videos, and eBay auctions to educate myself a bit already.

Thanks for the help and/or information!!

Hi BeckhamTobias - welcome to the forum!

If you are looking for a fun HO (1/64 scale set) to enjoy with your kids, I would suggest the new Micro Scalextric range. If you are in North America, this is the link: www.scalextric.com/us-en/shop/by-brand/micro

Ignore the Hyper Cars set (and the P9503 Transformer) which is part of the old range and nowhere near as good. The sets on that page are all battery-powered, so a set (or two) of six rechargable AA batteries will be handy. The system works really well with the battery power. The Justice League set is huge and you can add the other two DC Comics cars, plus Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner. The basic Looney Tunes (Daffy Duck vs Bugs Bunny) is smaller, but still makes four different layouts. The controllers can restrict the maximum power available, so are ideal for learner drivers.

In the UK, there is a little more choice, and European mains power options: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/by-brand/micro - just ignore the American Racers and Race Karts sets, which are the old system.

I've written about the new Micro Scalextric system here: www.scalextric.com/us-en/forum/new-micro-scalextric-track-system and here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/new-micro-system-sets

I hope that helps.