R8215 decoder won't operate on non DCC system

Michael_A

As you can see here R8215 is permanently enabled for DC running, which is why you do not have the option to change it In CV29. Note also may be awry due to bit 7 default set to on in the factory.

/media/tinymce_upload/4d62ec56469992840bafb30248a98297.png

I have to agree with RAF96. A very poor decoder!

However, CV29 set to a value of 6 will usually allow DC operation.  If your DCC system (you havent mentioned what it is?) can read CVs then read CV29 before starting and note it down, then add 4 to whatever was read which should turn on DC operation. This on line CV29 calculator is very helpful  http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm   While its to the 2mm Association, CV29 setting is the same regardless of scale.

I have a Hornby Elite. CV29 cannot be read, and writing 06 to it makes no difference, though if I write 03 it does change direction.

Not the end of the world I guess, I just like to run my rolling road for wheel cleaning and maintenance from a PP3 battery or my HM2000 rather than connect it to DCC.

A couple of snippets of info I found in my files . .

Very early R8215s could not be interrogated at all. Later versions could be interogated but only in Reg programming mode.

Some versions were not compatible with Elite Standard mode, so try it in Classic mode and also interogate in Reg mode.