Airfix Forum Gallery 2020 (Pandemic Special!)

peebeep

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/72 Curtis Helldiver I Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm

/media/tinymce_upload/f4e2649f9c9aab0e405b34b808e2c51b.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/75362e85c6ea52efb04b3292b751eb05.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/ac08de2e56a045dfb0c199378c482e9c.jpg

Very nice Helldiver PMM. I take it that this was the old Airfix molding.

I had the opportunity to see one at an airshow about 20 years ago. It had flown in from Texas for a Rosie the Riveters reunion and documentary for the women who build Helldivers at a local plant. It was indeed a beast! What is the RN serial number on your model?

Thanks Hurricane Boy,

It's not an Airfix kit, those trench like panel lines are a clue to its origin! The serial is JW194 I think, one of a few Helldivers operated by the RN (26 delivered out of 450 ordered) by 1820 NAS, but never saw operations.

What a great idea this post was. It’s great to see such a variety of models in only place. I don’t normally follow the AFV thread, but it’s been good looking at them. Anyone completed the Matchbox LRDG truck & Jeep? I have it to build at some point and need inspiration.

Meanwhile,

/media/tinymce_upload/a044e5d4e0945e76ff2d938623fc534c.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/3d37822c3c0cfd223b213b0aab35611d.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/dc5f28d6d1a618c6780e90520e10edb4.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/b703fef08302ca8bcdfe3dbb8db6e481.JPG

I started this one 50 years ago  😳  I stopped when I reached the ratlines as I didn't like them.  I tried using cotton but didn't like that either.  I'm now waiting for Airfix to release the Royal Sovereign because (a) I want that one and (b) I've heard they are now providing some form of jigs to build your own ratlines.  When that happens I'll finish the kit!

Beautiful. 

This is why I do not post many of my own builds. Granted they are not always Airfix anyway, but in any event they are never good enough for any gallery.

I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself. It's often the case that we're our own worst critics, so post up and join in the fun!

This is why I do not post many of my own builds. Granted they are not always Airfix anyway, but in any event they are never good enough for any gallery.

I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself. It's often the case that we're our own worst critics, so post up and join in the fun!

Precisely! We can see our own faults like a sore thumb but often miss those of others.

Come on in, the water's fine.