DCC Short Circuit help

Guest Chrissaf

Hi. I have just turned on my DCC railway for the first time and I have short circuited Over the point  My track gauge is telling me I have DC power but not DCC how do I fix this pleaseeeee 

What brand and model is your DCC Controller. Your statement "My track gauge is telling me I have DC power but not DCC" is not a message that Hornby controllers display.

Can I suggest that before anything else, that you go into your 'Account Settings' then 'Community Activity' then 'Forum Account' and change your 'nickname' from "DCC Short Circuit HELP" to something that is more appropriate. If you don't follow this advice, every post and reply you publish will show "DCC Short Circuit HELP" as your nickname forever and a day. See image below.....

/media/tinymce_upload/2e33fcf008f33059d6442dfb80a569fd.jpg

TIP: As a newbie poster, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image. If you use the blue button, any reply you write, may be held back for image approval. Even though it is already a previously published image.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Disconnect your track from your controller. Does the controller error message clear after the controller is power cycled (switched off and then back on)?

If your ‘track gauge’ is one of those led things you place on the rails it will show red one way or green the other way on DC, but a rough shade of orange on DCC. Turn the gauge round, does it definitely go from red to green or vice versa. It may be the orange is not cery well balanced and just looks red.