Switzer as

Just used for the first time brand new out of the box cleaned as per instructions it then say  I've to empty/clean moister trap after every use my reading of instructions says leave pressurised push up and twist off but I can't move for the life of me I'd say it was a sealed unit I've tried unpresssureised as well,do these come of or am I doing it wrong 

Never heard of a Switzer.

When I worked at Mettoy, the factory was run on two (out of three) gigantic compressors. They each were the size of a diesel engine in a locomotive. It was essential that the water traps were drained daily.

The compressors we use are tiny by comparison. Yes they need draining, but a lot less frequently. I have a Sparmax. It has two drains. One under the water trap - just press and it releases air (and any water). The other is a screw-in plug under the tank. The water from here is usually rusty. Best drained into a container or outside. I do this periodicaly (every few months) and have not had water through to the airbrush.

Hi Padefc, there is a sprung pin at the bottom of the clear bowl ('c' in the picture below), simply press it with some pressure in the tank (it doesn't have to be much) and it will blow out any moisture. Regularity of emptying depends on how moisture rich your own environment is, to be honest I'd be surprised if you needed to do it once a week, but you can check by looking in the bowl to see if there is anything in it.

/media/tinymce_upload/eda9c494d994b1de43b22483bfecee60.jpg