Elite accessory addresses and JMRI

Daveb3473

Hi everyone.  Very odd one this.  I've been using an Elite and JMRI successfully for years. 

After a major short circuit caused by a rogue screw falling off an old Lima DMU, the Elite obviously called Error.

After this, the address translation for accessories is off by 3. 

ie if I call point address 16 directly from the Elite, it works fine, but if I now call address 16 from JMRI then point 13 throws.  If I then re address point 16 to address 19 in JMRI Then point 16 throws.

This is the same for all points and signals and all accessories.  I have reset the decoders and set the base addresses, upgraded the Elite firmware to 1.45 and also reinstalled JMRI On two different PCs.

I can only think that address translation is faulty on the Elite but am a loss what to try next!   

any ideas welcome....

Dave,

The Classic / Standard ' 3 ' offset issue has been featured in posts on this forum for quite a few years. If you had raised the issue in a post when it happened, instead of spending a lot of effort updating firmware and reinstalling software, we could have very quickly put you on the right path regarding this 3 offset issue resolution.

But good to know that you seem to have successfully married up the Elite to JMRI, presumably with full operation without issue.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/