Airfix Vulcan

Byron-h780

HI i am 12 and i have got airfix`s Avro Vulcan primered, for some reason i didnt get the decals in the box, i though not to worry ( i got this kit on 25th december 2019 and ive been modelling for 2 years straight) since when i got this kit i wanted to do it in XL426 the one at my local airport, but i cant find any aftermarket decals, do you guys know where i could find any?

This set isn't available on Hannants but if you try eBay, enter modeldecal 71 into the search engine and 1 is available on auction with 1 day left and 1 current bid. Looks in 'as new' condition! 

That Modeldecal sheet doesn't have any roundels, flashes or stencils. I would still contact customer services (use the link on the front page here) to see if you can still get a sheet for the basic stuff, but also look to acquire the Modeldecal set for specifics relating to XL426. Alternatively you could wait for the Kits World set to arrive, but I doubt this will happen until the new Airfix Vulcan is released.

There are a few sets of Vulcan decal sets. 'Gods of Fire and Water' is good (Vulcans and Neptunes) and has all of the stencils (though some research is needed). Xtradecal do a 617 Squadron set which has a few Vulcans (and a Mustang 3 and Mosquito which I want to try at some point).

Check Hannants and see what options are available. Postage is free for decals over a threshold (I think it is £7 but check)

I don't know whether XL426 has any "special" insignia but printing a black serial number onto clear decal film is dead easy. If you have access to a laser printer just buy a sheet of clear laser printer decal film, type the serial in the right size into Word (or other wordprocessor) set the printer to best quality glossy photo paper and press print. For inkjet to need to seal the film after printing with a spray. 

Sounds like you need more than just a serial though. eBay usually has something at a price if Airfix customer services can't help