Bachmann warship decoder suggestions

L757

Hi

ive just replaced an old mainline warship with a new Bachmann 43 warship but hope to use a hornby decoder chip to try and minimise possible issues. I have a select controller. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If your Select is at Firmware V1.6 or 2.0 (As shown on the display at start up by the first pair of digits) then there shouldn't be any issues.     If it shows anything else from example 1.1 to 1.5 I would recommend that you consider contacting Hornby and arrange for it to be returned and upgraded. Note you must obtain a returns number before sending it back. I understand the cost is (or was) £15 but that should be confirmed by Hornby when contacted.

There are many other makes of decoder with 21 pin fittings available too! 

If your Select is at Firmware V1.6 or 2.0 (As shown on the display at start up by the first pair of digits) then there shouldn't be any issues.     If it shows anything else from example 1.1 to 1.5 I would recommend that you consider contacting Hornby and arrange for it to be returned and upgraded. Note you must obtain a returns number before sending it back. I understand the cost is (or was) £15 but that should be confirmed by Hornby when contacted.

There are many other makes of decoder with 21 pin fittings available too! 

are you suggesting that with a firmware update it will cope with a Bachmann chip

L757, please don't use the blue button to reply,scroll to the bottom of the page and use the text box and green reply button. Then you've compounded the error by putting your own text in the yellow box too, many will miss it.

The answer is yes, Select with latest firmware should cope with all decoder brands, including Bachmann. 

I would avoid using a 21 pin to 8 pin converter as they can cause fitting issues with the extra height above the socket sometimes making it hard to fit a decoder.

Instead I would look at any of the following 21 pin decoders:

Lenz Siver+ 21pin

DCC Concepts Zen Black ZN218

Zimo MX638D