Reactivation issues

I'm trying to swap RM to my new laptop. I have deactivated my existing version and reinstalled on the new pc. However, I simply cannot get past the activation gateway. Do I have to sit here seemingly forever getting it to connect or are there any short cuts? 

Cheers

It should be as simple as inputting your key code and job’s done.

Has the previous copy definitely deactivated, along with Pro if you have it.

Did you remember to copy the suggested files across to save having to list all your locos and draw your track plan again.

The same issues arise when transferring to a new PC as arise for a first time brand new installation. Activation key failure due to RailMaster being blocked by your Anti-Virus and/or firewall. There are numerous threads on this forum relating to activation issues.

The most problematic AV products being Norton AV and McAfee, both of which usually want to use their own Firewalls. They are overly aggressive and seem to cause real issues with RailMaster.

So if you have either of these two AV products, this is the area to investigate for a solution. I suggest reading in the first instance the Hornby 'Security.pdf' that RM will have saved on your HDD. Once that is exhausted, look at AC's 'Help Site' using the linked 'sticky post' at the top of the RailMaster forum section.