Class 43 hst only runs forward

Golden01b

Hi all,

I have recently converted my old class 43 hst, swallow livery (not sure how old it is) To DCC.

im pretty sure I have all the wires correct.

Red to right rail, black to left rail, orange to left brush arm and grey to right brush arm.

Added the train to railmaster and programmed the decoder.

It runs fine when going full speed, but it will only run forward. Even when I click on reverse it still goes forward.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

It does seem as if you haven't correctly isolated the motor from the chassis and pickups. The decoder may now be damaged as a result. Alternatively, if the decoder is a TTS one, then you may have a decoder fault, as many TTS decoders are being reported with 'locomotive only goes one way' issues. But usually these TTS 'one way' issues are only goes forward but stays staitionary in reverse, which is not quite the same as your observation.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/