Loco has stopped working in RailMaster shunt mode.

Guest Chrissaf

Hi Golden, you have waited quite a while for a response. You are using R/master. This posting should be in that sub-forum. Perhaps one of the Forum Moderators can move it. Anyway have you checked the speed settings in your loco settings. Does the loco drive slowly via Rm control. Are you sure loco is dis-abled for dc running. You will get better advice on the Rm sub forum (more views ).

Recently converted my class 43 hst to dcc.

it ran fine in both shunt and full speed modes. But now it won't run in shunt mode.

when You hit shunt it goes straight to full speed. This happens in forward and reverse.

Using railmaster and elink.

Any ideas in how I can get shunt mode working again?

many thanks 

Is this the same HST loco you raised this previous running issue with.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/class-43-hst-only-runs-forward-32169/?p=1/#post-331662

If so, you never came back to that thread and confirmed whether that issue was fixed or not and how it was fixed... if it was.

Have you done any tinkering with RailMaster settings between the HST shunt working and not working. Perhaps added a new loco to your RM roster or made any other non loco change. Perhaps upgraded RM to a new later version.

Anything at all that you have done since the last time shunt worked. Cruise and Shunt is something specific to the RM settings, so it is unlikely to be anything to do with the decoder in the HST. These things do not normally just change of their own free will, you must have done something, no matter how insignificant and unrelated you might think it is to your issue.

In general, these type of speed issues (loss of slow speed control i.e either full speed or stopped) can be fixed by deleting the loco from your RM locomotive roster list and adding it all over again as a new loco. Some have reported having to do this a couple of times to make the required settings stick. It is an issue that is more commonly reported after upgrading RM to version 1.72 but usually only when trying to add a new loco to the roster rather than an existing one that has previously been working fine.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Hi Chris,

Sorry I've been struggling to reply in the forum. There didn't seem to be a reply box. Found it now.

No it's another hst loco. I need to change the decoder in the other one, as it's fried!

Thank you for the advice.

Gitter - It doesn't have any control with the RM control bar. It just runs full speed wheaher you press shunt or full speed.

Maybe I'll try and delete and re-add the loco then.

Can you recommend the best four function decoder? I've been using Bachman.

Many thanks

Scott

Hornby forum rules prevent us promoting anything other than their products but Zimo get good reviews as value for money versus capability. Hornby R8249 is a basic four function decoder but lacks versatility when it come to being able to change CVs.