Pendolino Decoder Swap - Lighting Effect

WelshTyneside

Hi all, guess who's back having mucked something up (I think!).

I have a Hornby Pendolino (390012) DCC Fitted - part of R1076 - where the directional lights on both cars are fine. For a range of reasons, I had to get rid of the power car and replace it with 309045 (since renumbered) which was DCC ready and has been fitted with R8249 decoder. 

My problem is that the decoder is running well - including directional lights in the new power car but I get nothing lights wise from the original dummy car. Why could this be? The new decoder is set to the same number as the original DCC fitted was.

Are you sure the dummy decoder has taken the new address. Does it readback that address, given your controller can readback from the decoder, some can’t.

If it has not readdressed then swap it for the one in the power car (and do a quick check to see if the fault follows the decoder or it stays with the dummy car).  You can then readdress the dummy car decoder in the power car. Some controllers and decoders will program as is but some need a motor as a load for programming. Whether you then swap them back over again is up to you.

Another method is to put both power and dummy cars on the programming track together and address as one.