Green light will not stop flashing

Hi, all have to say that after a very long struggle, when I did get the elink workng I was very pleased with it.

However I somehow managed to get a short on the track and now the elink will not stop flashing. I have followed the other threads on this regarding the red button, short piece of track, however nothing will stop the light blinking. I have switch it all off, gone and had a cup of tea, retuning about 1/2 hour later but still no luck. 

I switch it all back on and the geen light star blinking again and now railmater cannot see the elink anymore.

Have I killed my e-link ? And if so is there a place to send it to be sorted. Or have I spend the last 2 weeks throwing £80 down the drain and will have to buy another.

Please any help on this would be great.

Regards JefferDP 

Contact Hornby Customer Services [follow the 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of the page]. get a 'Returns Number' and send the eLink back to Hornby for repair. If it is a new purchase as you infer, then it should be repaired 'Free Of Charge' under Warranty [you may have to pay for the sending postage costs].

Just had a thought. What happens if you power down everything. Disconnect the eLink from your layout track. Power it all up again, leaving the track disconnected. If eLink then starts OK, the likelihood is that you still have a 'short circuit' on your layout somewhere.

If that works,try connecting it to spare pieces of track.. Two or three, then connect to railmaster.. If all ok. Its purely down to track short. When i build i connect  as l  go, piece by piece.  That way if short occurs, you know exactly where it is.