Hogwarts Castle - Headlamp on all the time?

Sir TophamHatt

The Hogwarts Castle with the light is marked as DCC ready so there should be no need for OP to rewire the loco....

I would expect the light to be switchable. Could the decoder be plugged in the wrong way round?

Also you say its a Lenz Silver + V2 you are using or is it a Lenz Standard V2+? I though the Silver were 21pin and if so are you putting it through a 21-8 adaptor?

(Edit: RAF added more info while I was typing...I assumed the HP loco would have its light wired like any other OO/HO model with lights)

Assuming the current version is the same as the previous with light, it is not connected via the decoder but direct to track with a diode arrangement to rectify DCC to it.  Therefore always on.  Would be simple enough to modify to run from a switchable function output, but not wired that way out of the box.

And it's a LED light.

Assuming the current version is the same as the previous with light, it is not connected via the decoder but direct to track with a diode arrangement to rectify DCC to it.  Therefore always on.  Would be simple enough to modify to run from a switchable function output, but not wired that way out of the box.

Yeah, it's the current version.

Is there a guide for this?

Although I may not bother as even the simplistic of tasks mean a broken piece with me.