Railmaster won't activate

I have read every post and every comment I can find am am still having issues. I am trying to activate railmaster on windows 10. I have done this twice before with different laptops both W10 and had no issue but this one is driving me crazy. I have installed and run in as admin, I have given it every permission I can and even set up a new user with admin and all permission just to check. I have installed the anti virus and disabled Windows defender. I have turned off the firewall on the router and put the IP for the laptop in DMZ for good measure. But every time I try to activate it I get a message saying "key not downloaded". Please can someone point me to something I may have missed this is driving me crazy. I even tethered the laptop to my phone just to check and same issue. 

I have done this twice before with different laptops both W10 and had no issue.

Because of the statement above I am assuming this is not the issue, but I have to ask just to check.

Is this latest install an installation of a completely new RailMaster with a new never been used before 'Activation Key Code'.

OR

Is it a shift of RailMaster from an existing installation to a new PC and if so, did you 'deactivate' the key on the old system before trying to install RM on the new. Page 131 / 132 of the manual refers.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

This is a reinstall to a new laptop. I can't deregister the old laptop as the HDD in it went bad. I have emailed support but was told to activate it on the new system and I would get a form come up that would allow me to deregister. I did think this could be the issue untill I tried a random string of characters for the key and had the same message come up. I guessed then that maybe it wasn't to do with this. Maybe I am wrong. I downloaded the exe from the sticky on this forum so I assume that is the latest release. 1.72 I think

The fact that you haven't deactivated the old version will be the cause of your issue.

I suggest that you email HRMS and explain the situation and tell them that the form for you to fill in did not appear. In the mail, you will need to include the following information (this information must match the details you originally provided):

Name

Address

'email address' that you used for the original activation.

Activation Key Code

support@rail-master.com

If you pass their validity checks then they can reset your key so that you can use it again. These checks are to prevent you selling the key on to someone else to use which is in breach of the RM software license.

....so I assume that is the latest release. 1.72

It depends when you downloaded it. Yesterday it was 1.72, but this morning it is now 1.73  ...  See my post I raised this morning regarding 1.73 release.