Northern Belle

2e0dtoeric

Hornby have now released the electric Brighton Belle, so how about the much prettier Diesel Northern Belle, the colours appear to be chocolate and cream.
I'd suggest a 'live' loco, two or three carriages, and a dummy diesel for the other end - as a

set, with extra carriages to fill in, for those with more room, as it always seems to run double-ended in the vid's I've seen of it..

Wash your mouth out with soap sir !!!!! I demand satisfaction !!!! Hampstead Heath, dawn, tomorrow !!!! bring your own handbag. Having seen the Brighton Belle in the flesh, in Umber and Cream ( a sight to behold ), for me the Brighton wins hands down.

In Blue and Grey she looks and looked awful, but for my money even in Blue and Grey she is head and shoulders above the impostor.
But that is only my opinion, having been lucky to see steam on a daily basis, and the classic 30's electrics like the Belle

and the 4-COR( had to get the Cor in to get PP going), it comes down to taste, and what you are used too. Nobody is perfect least of all me, and a lot of the modern stock and liveries just leave me cold. Don't forget the Northern Belle has been pulled by both

heritage diesels and steam in the past.

Certainly with steam engines it took a white before they could submerge!!! (None of the crash dive routine there). It's not generally realised that Nuclear Submarines are steam driven - the reactor creates the heat to make the steam to drive the submarine.

The

K class destroyers were quite submersable in WWII - most of them were sunk!!

Archived