Storing kits in the attic? Good or bad idea?

Has anyone has experinece of storing their model kits in their attic, and does the heat/humidity that can build up in the summer affect the kits in anyway?

I have a cupboard load of models, and I need to make a bit of space (so I have been told!), so my only option is the attic. However, I am concerned it may affect the plastic.

I have vacuum seal bags I plan to use (the ones where you suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner), so this may negate the issue of humidity, but the heat could be the problem.

Various searches on the net have proved inconclusive, so I need anyone who has stored their stash in the lost to let me know if it is safe.

I live in East Sussex, UK.

Thanks

I used to build/convert/sell 1/16 models normally RC. There's still a few in my loft along with loads of kit parts etc (either resin or tamiya-plastic). I got one down at Xmas after a few years up there and painted it up as a toy for my nephew. No problem at all even with cheapy chinese electronics and nothing was warped. I've got a reasonably well insulated house in Nottingham so the extremes of damp/cold/heat aren't as great as people living in parts of the US etc. The only bad idea about storing kits in the loft is that they often don't come out again. Moving my 1/16 stuff up there was a moment when I drew a line under that. I keep saying I might sell/build whats up there but there's no sign its happening any time soon.

As PMM says there is little evidence of the plastic being effected through long term storage in the loft. My loft gets very cold in the winter, and very hot in the summer. I have hidden my growing stash away from prying eyes for decades, and currently have approximately 400 boxes adding extra insulation. The only issue maybe as said that the decals of older kits with the white backing paper deteriate but then they probably would anyway in a downstairs cupboard? 

I purchased some storage boxes a couple of years ago and some silica gel sachets to absorb any moisture.

All kits seem to be unaffected, no warping or curling of decals, and I would echo the comments above, that in the UK we have a relaltively moderate climate. It would be interesting to see how the kits would be affected by extreme weather conditions.

I have 2 x 110 Litre Boxes in the loft - and the lids are snap-fit, I have sprinkled a few small silica gel sachets in each and I check them every year. I cannot guarantee this would work for everyone (disclaimer) - but I've made a couple of the kits stored and there were no issues with fitting etc.

I think the best thing is to get a few smaller storage boxes - and test a few kits first - check every 6 months or so.

These are the type of boxes I use;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Plastic-Storage-Boxes-Clear-Box-With-Lids-Home-Office-Stackable-UK-Made/372276977715?hash=item56ad6fe033:g:l6oAAOSwYRhanU8S

I have stored kits in the lofts of half a dozen different houses in the UK East Midlandfor the past 25 years with never a problem despite the likely different heat/ humidity conditions in each of the houses so wouldn't worry. As has been said old decals will yellow anyway, so as long as you haven't got a very old damp house or some other such departure from normality your kits should be ok. I have always put them in big cardboard storage boxes... (Ikea used to be good for these)... label them with numbers on the sides and top, and affix a list of what's in the storage box on the lid plus keep a copies of the box numbers  and contents in one of those clear A4 folders so you know what's where and which box it's in. Only thing I'd say is put each storage box in a big bin liner but don't tie or fasten it up so you can see the box number and it will let air circulate. This will not only keep the storage box clean and safe from the loft insulation and muck, but also protect the kits should your roof spring a leak. Hope useful 

In the UK I don't think there's going to be much of a problem of storing plastic kits in the loft, even in a heatwave. However, the changes of temperature and varying humidity will play havoc with the boxes, instructions and more critically, the decals.

Store the kits in the boxes (if the boxes aren't that important) in the loft, but keep the instructions and decals in a dark, even-temperature area. Loose in a shoebox in a cupboard in the spare room would be fine, but of course label the instructions and decals so you can pair them up later.

That said, if your loft is converted to habitable use then there should be no issue anyway.